"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

18 January 2022

Refuse.


From a 2015 interview with TIME ...
TIME: Does it bother you that allegations made a decade ago [by the writer Naomi Wolf, one of Bloom’s former students] may have overshadowed your work in the public eye?

BLOOM: I refuse to even use the name of this person. I call her Dracula’s daughter, because her father was a Dracula scholar. I have never in my life been indoors with Dracula’s daughter. When she came to the door of my house unbidden, my youngest son turned her away. Once, I was walking up to campus, and she fell in with me and said, “May I walk with you, Professor Bloom?” I said nothing.

No comments: