"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

02 December 2012

Positive.

Jones, Pleiades, 2010


Color is a universal language. Each viewer brings his or her own meaning to the colors in my paintings. With energy as my primary interest, I explore other areas that have energy as a focus. Yoga teaches of the seven sites of energy in the human body. Geometry has links to energy through the triangle and diagonal lines. Other universal shapes have ancient ties to energy - the mandala as a symbol of self, the spiral as a symbol of journey. Much of today’s art reflects the dark and pessimistic nature of life in our world. I believe art can be a positive force, helping to raise the viewer to a higher emotional level by providing that positive energy as a focus.

- Kathy Jones

More of Midland, Michigan artist, Kathy Jones, is here.

Thanks, Mom!

No comments: