Michelangelo, David, 1504
The truest evidence that any civilization ever leaves behind about itself is its art. Art never lies.
- Know your students. Go the extra mile to understand them (you'll get older; they'll stay the same age).
- Understand your craft (it's not a science).
- Understand your subject (this never ends).
- Understand the stories (be a master storyteller).
- Don't lecture; it's not about you (ever).
- Provide means of inspiration (see number 1).
- Nurture investigation (control is an illusion; the best lessons are the unplanned ones)
- Ask more questions (of everything and everyone).
- Declare less (see number 5).
- Be transparent.