"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

24 July 2012

Liminality.


The Liminal Project

Photographer Nick Rochowski in collaboration with music producer Deepsea and artist Greg Haynes

“One of my first memories of the wood was on a family walk.

At one point while playing with my sister I decided to run ahead.

I came into a clearing and then quickly slowed down and stopped as I approached an entrance.

Despite the daylight it was dark at the edge of the clearing where the path continued into the wood.

Fear gripped me for a moment with a vivid thought.

Then we all continued in.”

“The term liminality stems from Latin limen meaning boundary or threshold..


Read and see the rest at DevidSketchbook.

No comments: