"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

09 June 2012

Modify.

Kirk, The Devil’s Saddle (left) and The Granite Throne (right), 2011


I enjoy using watercolor pencils to create artwork in my journals, but carrying the art supplies into the field and onto the trail can be a hassle. The 50+ pencils are cumbersome, take up a lot of space in my backpack, and are a pain to keep organized while outdoors. I pondered a lot about how to make a watercolor pencil set for the field. Rather than switch to a small watercolor palette setup, I wanted to modify my pencils in a way that works best for my style of painting. Here’s what I came up with ...

Check out this neat idea at The Hike Guy.

No comments: