"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

10 August 2026

Routine.



Tom.

A long lost partner-in-crime.  We lived in Park Hall back in 1984.  Most nights he had a routine that I could easily get talked into:
  1. Watch Letterman
  2. Slap Idol's Rebel Yell on the hi-fi
  3. Order pizza from Catfish Biff's
  4. Get outside and skate the parking garage on 11th while we waited for our feast.

There were many nights when I noticed the eastern sky brightening as we made our way back to the dorm.

We were in that garage last time I saw Tom.

I got an email from him today and he was reminiscing about those heady days.

Here's to Tom and my long-lost Makaha ...


The South Campus Mix (put it in your Walkman Sport and run your headphone cord up through the back of your shirt)
  1. Idol, "Blue Highways
  2. Wall of Voodoo, "Lost Weekend"
  3. Black Uhuru, "Darkness"
  4. Furs, "Run and Run"
  5. Killing Joke, "Let's All Go (To the Fire Dances)"
  6. Steel Pulse, "Ravers" ... Woops outside your head
  7. New Order, "Chosen Time"
  8. The Specials, "It's Up to You"
  9. The Police, "No Time this Time"
  10. Birthday Party, "Zoo Music Girl"
  11. Ronald Koal & The Trillionaires, "Destination Zero"
  12. Adam & The Ants, "Antmusic" and "Killer in the Home"
  13. Bunny Wailer, "Rootsman Skanking"
  14. Third World, "1865 (96º In The Shade)"
  15. English Beat, "Rotating Head"
  16. INXS, "Old World New World"
  17. The Cult, "Spirit Walker"
  18. U2, "I Will Follow." "Out of Control," "Rejoice," and "Treasure"
  19. Joy Division, "Disorder" and "Isolation"
  20. Talking Heads, "Mind" and "What a Day That Was"
  21. Bauhaus, "The Spy in the Cab" (still makes me laugh)
  22. Clash, "Hitsville U.K.," "Police On My Back," "Sean Flynn," and "Ghetto Defendant"
  23. Echo & The Bunnymen, "My Kingdom"
Don't forget to save a buck to get a gyro from Apollo's on the way back.

No comments: