"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

15 November 2023

Happy Birthday, O'Keeffe


Your letters are certainly like drinks of fine cold spring water on a hot day -- They have a spark of the kind of fire in them that makes life worthwhile -- That nervous energy that makes people like you and I want and go after everything in the world -- bump our heads on all the hard walls and scratch our hands on all the briars -- but it makes living great -- doesn`t it? -- I`m glad I want everything in the world -- good and bad -- bitter and sweet -- I want it all and a lot of it too --

Georgia O'Keeffe, born on this day in 1887, from a letter to Anita Pollitzer, 25 August 1915

No comments: