"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

30 January 2023

Forever.

Manet, Luncheon on the Grass, 1862


I WISH LUNCH COULD LAST FOREVER

The place down the block, 
The one with no clock
Covert rendezvous with you at the usual time

I savor the scent 
Of the fish on the grill
Life's so spicy up on bar-be -q-hill

Lookin' good, you look so fine
Waiter, bring us one more bottle of wine

I wish lunch could last forever
Make the whole day one big afternoon
We'll begin with dessert, a little coconut tart
Tastes as sweet as a piece of your heart
Cafe au lait beneath the Paris moon

Don't hide you eyes just wear your disguise
Brazil's in the air I swear it feels like Mardi Gras time
I savor the scent love that Anik Goutal
As we walk in time to the cathedral bell

I wish lunch could last forever
Make the whole day a first time love affair
We'll begin with a kiss, such a warm place to start
Let me into your life, let me into your heart
Mea culpa, mea culpa carnival's in the air

Jimmy Buffett

Thank you, Dr. Richardson

No comments: