"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

21 November 2022

Imagination.


Now I want to tell you about a principle that can and will change your whole life, if you will start to use it consciously; that imagination creates reality.  Would you like to put it to a test right in this room?  

Some people have come in and sat down beside you.  These people alongside of you have their handkerchiefs out, dabbing their eyes, sitting there all tense.  You're sitting back relaxed.  You're enjoying the scenery, the action and all.  Why?  Because you've already seen the end.  You know how it comes out.  

This is exactly what happens when you use your imagination to create reality.  You see the thing you want, from completion backward.  For example -- you've all worked where this has happened -- the boss, in some weak-minded moment, puts on some goof who doesn't know beans about selling.  But here he is, sitting in meetings with you experts.  "Well, it's beginner's luck," you say.  It may be, I wouldn't know that, but I know this, he sweeps competition ahead of him.  Why?  Because all he knows is success.  Our subconscious can't distinguish between the actual experience and the imaginary one, if it is imagined vividly.  It will accept the imagined experience and immediately set about to bring it into reality.  That's its job, its response.  Imagination creates reality.

I have given you examples of the unconscious use of the imagination in creating reality.  I'm seeing the thing from completion backward --- and I'll get my share of the business.

No comments: