"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

11 August 2022

Illegitimate.

From Shakespeare's Troilus and CressidaAct V, Scene VII ...
Enter MARGARELON.

Margarelon:  Turn, slave, and fight.

Thersites:  What art thou?         

Margarelon:  A bastard son of Priam’s.

Thersites:  I am a bastard too; I love bastards: I am a bastard begot, bastard instructed, bastard in mind, bastard in valour, in every thing illegitimate. One bear will not bite another, and wherefore should one bastard? Take heed, the quarrel’s most ominous to us: if the son of a whore fight for a whore, he tempts judgment. Farewell, bastard.  [Exit.

Margarelon:  The devil take thee, coward!  [Exit.

Sean Bean's pronunciation ...

No comments: