"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

09 May 2021

Loving.


My Mum instilled in me an appreciation for books and reading, art, music, and stillness.

She taught me how to cook.

She continues to live by the importance of faith and patience, skills I still aspire to.
When trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.

Washington Irving
Today I'll raise a small glass ("not too much") of Johnny Walker Red, and toast her smile, her compassion, and her loving patience.

I love you, Mum.  Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: