"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

16 March 2020

Jerry Jeff Walker, "We Were Kinda Crazy Then"

Was your road to Mexico diamonds or stones?
Did you need that lucky piece I slipped in your hand?
Were you ready for the cold winds
That caught you at the Rio Grande?

We were kinda crazy then
Need'n lovers more than friends
Songs on my guitar
You said were flowers for your scars

May you find a friend tonight
May you find he treats you right
Can you find that same moon 
I've been starin' at all night?

Always keep your word shining, like some bullet bright
While this old world wears its heart like a big bull's eye
Don't you ever let them teach you the right from the wrong
Did you ever find out who wrote that pretty song?

No comments: