"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

11 December 2018

Jim Harrison: Between Dog and Wolf


I am now fifty-five and I've been doing this for fifty years -- a half a century of going into the woods and the thickets, since I was a little boy.

After I hurt my eye, I was blinded in my left eye, I think I retreated from the world to the world of thickets, so I started sleeping outside a lot when I was a little boy, usually with my dog.  I felt much happier sleeping out in the forest, especially in the summer.  Perhaps someday I will even die laying out by a fire under the stars, which is a much better way to live perhaps.

Georges Luneau's documentary on Jim Harrison is HERE.

No comments: