"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

24 July 2018

Growth.

Stieglitz, Georgia O'Keeffe, 1922


I know now that most people are so closely concerned with themselves that they are not aware of their own individuality. The simple fact of yourself ... there it is ... just you ... no excitement about it ... a very simple fact ... the only thing you have ... keep it as clear as you can.  My center does not come from my mind … it feels in me like a plot of warm moist well tilled earth with the sun shining hot on it ... It seems I would rather feel starkly empty than let anything be planted that cannot be tended to the fullest possibility of its growth.

Georgia O'Keeffe

No comments: