52. You shall likewise know that according to Law, the nature of this universe flows through all things alike,
53. So that you shall not hope for what you ought not to hope; and nothing in this world shall be hidden from you.
54. You will likewise know that human beings bring on their own misfortunes, voluntarily and of their own free choice.
55. Unhappy that they are! They neither see nor understand that what is best for them is within them.
56. Few know how to deliver themselves out of their misfortunes.
57. Such is the fate that blinds humanity, and takes away their senses.
58. Like huge barrels they roll to and fro, always oppressed with innumerable problems.
59. For fatal strife, seemingly innate, pursues them everywhere, tossing them up and down; nor do they perceive this.
60. Instead of provoking and stirring up strife, they ought, by yielding, to avoid it.