"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

01 August 2013

That.

Leonardo, Heart, 1513


What was said to the rose that made it open was said 
to me here in my chest. 

What was told the cypress that made it strong 
and straight, what was 

whispered the jasmine so it is what it is, whatever made 
sugarcane sweet, whatever 

was said to the inhabitants of the town of Chigil in 
Turkestan that makes them 

so handsome, whatever lets the pomegranate flower blush 
like a human face, that is 

being said to me now. I blush. Whatever put eloquence in 
language, that's happening here. 

The great warehouse doors open; I fill with gratitude, 
chewing a piece of sugarcane, 

in love with the one to whom every that belongs! 

- Rumi

No comments: