"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

06 May 2010

Feel.

"I had to create an equivalent for what I felt about what I was looking at - not copy it."
- Georgia O'Keeffe





Bones In The Sky
Up through the branches
The stars shine above
On the arroyos
And mesas you loved
And as the moon rises
The black mountain mourns
For the old friend
He'll look on no more

Jacks-in-the-pulpit
Bones in the sky
Long winding rivers
That never ran dry
And the secrets she gathered
From the wild blowing sands
Breathed in her heart
And her hands

I sing to your spirit
Where all my dreams dwell
The vision, the freedom
The life lived so well
And I sing in your canyons
And the echoes ring clear
And I wish somehow
You may still hear

- Dan Fogelberg

No comments: