"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

11 May 2010

Head in the clouds

This evening's sky over Appleton.

The Eagles first album accompanied my blast down the backroads tonight.

I'll tell you what would be some story
And what would set me free
Is if the same thing happened to everybody
That just happened to me ...

There was thunder up there.

I was parked along the side of the road and two cars stopped to ask if I was alright.

"Yup! Just takin' pictures," I said.

One asked, "What? Why?" The other just laughed and said, "Go on, then!"

I'm excited for the coming storm ... music and tea are ready.






Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! rage! blow!
You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout
Till you you have drench'd our steeples, drown'd the cocks!
You sulphurous and thought-executing fires,
Vaunt-couriers to oak-cleaving thunderbolts,
Singe my white head! And thou all-shaking thunder
Smite flat the thick rotundity o' the world!

- Shakespeare, King Lear

No comments: