"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

24 July 2024

Spohr, Six German Songs for Soprano, Clarinet, and Piano, Op. 103

Charlotte Wajnberg (no offense) and some other people perform ...
 Earth lay before me in a spring dream
 Suffused with warmth and light,
 And drunk with joy I wafted through space,
 Blossoms burst forth from my breast;
 Love's springtime awakened in me.
 Now frost shudders through me; in my soul it is night.
 Be still, my heart, and give it no thought:
 This now is reality, the rest was delusion.
 
 Out of sunshine and flowers I built myself
 A bridge through life
 Passing over which, laurel-crowned,
 I devoted myself to the noblest of strivings.
 Man's gratitude was my finest reward;
 The crowd laughs aloud now with impudent scorn.
 Be still, my heart, and give it no thought:
 This now is reality, the rest was delusion.

Good morning.

No comments: