"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

17 December 2023

Love.


"I'm rubbish with technology," Callum says. "I was forced to have a laptop for college, and I hated it."

Callum and his grandmother have lived together for seven years. Callum says he fell in love with the 40s during his first year of high school.

"I've always loved history," he says. "When I was younger, I looked at my great grandad's prisoner-of-war diaries and I just love everything about the period."

He now collects everything related to the period, such as oil lamps and a vintage record player that he uses to listen to his favourites like Vera Lynn, Anne Shelton and Frank Sinatra.

"I couldn't tell you a modern singer if you asked me," he says.

Praise God, there's hope. 

No comments: