"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

26 June 2020

Respect.

There are times when wisdom cannot be found in the chambers of parliament or the halls of academia but at the unpretentious setting of the kitchen table.

E.A. Bucchianeri

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

 J.R.R. Tolkien 
They say I'm old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!

Dr. Seuss

Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.     

Hippocrates
Those who have permitted this destruction have either no respect for or no understanding of the importance of history. 

Kurt J. Harden
The family and friends with which I'm surrounded are active in their beliefs, education, and interests.  The conscience of each has been tempered over time in the fire of their experience and discovery, not the hamster wheel of pop culture.

Ancestors are watching.  Children are watching. 

No capitulation here.

Thanks, Kurt.

No comments: