"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

26 January 2012

Awful.


Experiencing the NHL version of a fifth grader's last day of school before Spring Break, the Red Wings started their All Star break a day early and got whacked by Montreal 7-2.

"It just reminds you why you should never get feeling too good about yourself," Babcock said, "because as soon as you do, you get brought down to earth. It was a little humble pie, to say the least. It's unfortunate that people came to see the Detroit Red Wings and never got to see them."

"I thought because we were playing in such a great building in such a great environment that it was going to be a no-brainer," Babcock said. "But we just were awful."


There's more at The Freep, but I'd skip it if I were you.

No comments: