"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

28 July 2011

Untranslateable.

Layton, Blue Morpho Butterfly (After Heade), 2003


I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world.


- Walt Whitman

Looking out and in, there is wonder in the even the smallest, seemingly unrecognizable detail.

What wonder will you discover today? As I am typing this a butterfly just landed on my knee. The white splotch on its wing looks like the silhouette of a girl's head.

Today, right now, is a gift. Enjoy.

Laszlo Layton's site is here.

As you prepare to depart, consider this from Cultural Offering.

The way the artist, Laszlo Layton, makes his mark is very creative. Take a look in the lower right corner.

No comments: