"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

11 September 2010

Stephen Stills, "Different Man"


I am a different man
Than you've ever seen me be
I got young though I'm older now
Fear and anger have no power over me

Dug a hole and I did fall in
There i stayed for a while
Who done told to be my savior
In their pity they done lost all sense of me

Nothing really matters but the love that's in my heart
Long, tall Sally's standing by me
Many are the friends I have; been loyal to a fault
Who have known all along

That there ain't too much good we've done
Feeling shameful for too long
And you ain't bad but you went wrong
We all are sinners
The Lord forgives us every one
God forgive us every one

No comments: