"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

08 December 2009

Mac Hangs 'Em Up


After 15 seasons, my all-time favorite NHL player, Darren McCarty, retired yesterday.

I was always impressed with Mac's tenacity, perseverance, and heart. If the Wings had an enforcer, it was Mac ... but he wasn't a thug. He was a loyal protector. He wasn't the fastest skater or the best puck-handler, but he knew his role and did it very well. Playing with other heroes of mine (Yzerman, Chelios, Lidstrom. Holmstrom), he held is own ... as a teammate. He was always the last one on and off the ice during warm up, following his team. Mac always carried the bucket.

I would want to play on his team.
.
If you need more, it's here.

No comments: