"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

29 September 2024

Kris Kristofferson, Rest in Peace


He made the good times better and the hard times easier.  This evening I got the news from Kurt that the best of the best, Kris Kristofferson, has passed.

"To Beat the Devil" 
The old man was a stranger
But I’d heard his words before
Back when failure had me locked out
On the wrong side of the door,
When no one stood beside me
But my shadow on the floor
And lonesome is more than a state of mind. 
See the devil haunts a hungry man
If you don’t want to join him,
You gotta beat him.
I ain’t saying I beat the devil,
But I drank his beer for nothing
And then I stole his song …

No comments: