"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

14 October 2023

Released.


Tarpon's sequel, All That is Sacred, has been released ...
I think the Golden Age analogy is pretty right. I mean, those of us who were there then have always kind of considered it the best time in our lives. It was so intense, and it had a pretty short lifespan, and it was built in kind of a vacuum. We were free in ways that we never were before and never were again. And Key West was uniquely suited to that because it was a sort of a battered town. Duval Street was mostly boarded up, and it felt like a foreign city. In fact, a lot of it was not English-speaking. So it was exciting to be young there. I’m not sure if we’d been in our forties, we would’ve found it so alluring.

No comments: