"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

18 January 2009

The Road to Heroic BBQ






Today, the journey certainly gave the destination a run for its money. My bud, Kevin, and I hit the best BBQ joint in central Ohio for lunch. As I left home, the sun shone blindingly on the snow that had fallen over night. Ten minutes later, the sun was gone and I was driving slowly through a line of heavy snow squalls.

Route 62 BBQ is the king, there isn't even a second. We both had a rack and a half of pork ribs, baked beans, smoked chicken and sausage gumbo (it's creator, Shorty, was sweet on Kev -- who could blame her?), he had cheesy potatoes, and I had the greens with smoked pork. For dessert we had a dozen smoked Buffalo wings. The whole feast was accompanied with huge corn muffins for butterin' and soppin'.

"Only in the midwest is overeating considered an act of heroism." -- Jack Nicholson

No comments: