"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

17 June 2011

Robert Plant & The Band Of Joy, "What Is & What Should Never Be"

One of the best performances of that glowing evening ... Patty Griffin's angelically lilting voice, Darrell Scott conjuring on the lap steel ... go on an' plug the internets into the ol' hi-fi and turn it up.

And if I say to you tomorrow
Take my hand, child, come with me
It's to a castle I will take you
Where what's to be, they say will be




And if I say to you tomorrow
Take my hand, child, come with me
It's to a castle I will take you
Where what's to be, they say will be




So if you wake up with the sunrise
and all your dreams are still as new
and happiness is what you need so bad
Well, girl, the answer lies with you ...

No comments: