"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

27 July 2018

Vividly.


There are metaphors more real than the people who walk in the street. There are images tucked away in books that live more vividly than many men and women. There are phrases from literary works that have a positively human personality.  I've written sentences whose sound, read out loud or silently, impossible to hide their sound, can only be of something that acquired absolute exteriority and a full-fledged soul. As I walk, I construct perfect sentences that I cannot remember later at home. I don’t know if the ineffable poetry of those sentences derived from what they were or from their never having been.

Fernando Passoa

No comments: