"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

08 January 2018

Intertwined.


PERHAPS the TRUTH DEPENDS on a WALK AROUND the LAKE

Sharing time on bar stools.
Stories conversed back and forth.
A deeper connection formed over frosty brews.
Departing from the establishment,
walking with lights in our hands.
Stories in our hearts.
For hours we walk the length of the lake,
connecting over stories, sorrows, and feelings of disconnection.
Sharing all of ourselves in those hours.
The friendship shifting into something more,
emotions intertwined with honest concern.
Becoming another part of myself.
I looked into your eyes and saw my own face.
The night we took that walk around the lake,
was the night I realized you are a part of me forever.
The truths we shared will keep us always intertwined.

Wendell Berry

No comments: