"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

15 October 2016

Opposites.


I love opposites! I love contradictions; I think human beings need contradictions. We need opposites. We need to sleep in a five-star hotel and we need to sleep under a tree. The distance and the difference between those two extremes are what makes us happy and what makes us think and what makes us grow. If you only sleep under a tree, it’s quite sad. If you only sleep in a five-star hotel, it’s extremely sad, too. So, I think that we need those contrasts in life – in every way! In love, in lust, in sex, in food, in reading, in music, in walking and dressing, you know? Luxury can be a potato and an onion. And it can be a bowl of Sevruga caviar and a wonderful blini or a coulibiac or a selle d’agneau.

Francis Mallmann

No comments: