"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

27 May 2016

The Great Divide, "Pour Me a Vacation"

Barmaid, play me some Buffett
I'm in the mood to get away
So pour me a vacation
I need to leave here right away 

I gotta get down by the ocean
If it's only in my mind
Take me out to paradise
If only for tonight
I can leave it all behind

It's Friday night here in the big town
This ol' routine it starts to bore
Same ol' lines and songs and stories
That I heard the week before 

I wanna hear about the islands
About pirates and rum
Don't wanna think about tomorrow
Not until tomorrow comes

It's up to you barmaid to save me
Put me on my coastal trail
I’ve been landlocked here for so long
It's high-time that I set sail 

You know I can't afford the airfare
So put umbrellas in my drink
I'll waste away in Margaritaville
And pray this boat don't sink

"Praise the" Lloyd Maines, steel guitar ...



Smell ya.

No comments: