"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

15 March 2013

Ides.


[Music.]
SOOTHSAYER.
Caesar!
CAESAR.
Ha! Who calls?
CASCA.
Bid every noise be still.--Peace yet again!
[Music ceases.]
CAESAR.
Who is it in the press that calls on me?
I hear a tongue, shriller than all the music,
Cry "Caesar"! Speak, Caesar is turn'd to hear.
SOOTHSAYER.
Beware the Ides of March.
CAESAR.
What man is that?
BRUTUS.
A soothsayer bids you beware the Ides of March.
CAESAR.
Set him before me; let me see his face.
CASSIUS.
Fellow, come from the throng; look upon Caesar.
CAESAR.
What say'st thou to me now? Speak once again.
SOOTHSAYER.
Beware the Ides of March.
CAESAR.
He is a dreamer; let us leave him. Pass.

CONNECT

No comments: