"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

09 December 2012

Expedition.


One of the earliest examples of the Russian Imperial Stout in the United States, Expedition Stout offers immensely complex flavors crafted specifically with vintage aging in mind, as its profile will continue to mature and develop over the years. A huge malt body is matched to a heady blend of chocolate, dark fruits, and other aromas. Intensely bitter in its early months, the flavors will slowly meld and grow in depth as the beer ages.

Alcohol by Volume:  10.5% 
Original Gravity:  1.11 
Shelf Life:  Unlimited
Dates Available:  Winter 
Available Packages:  Bottle and draft


Thank you, Bell's.  Seriously. Thank you.

Beer Advocate has reviews, here.

I can't wait to get Up North, pour a glass of this, put a handful of my Mom's oatmeal cookies in my coat pocket, sit out on the deck and let it snow on me.

No comments: