"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

13 October 2012

Happy anniversary, Gears.


The team that included my earliest sports heroes, the Saginaw Gears, played their first game on this date, about now, 40 years ago ...

The first official game for the Saginaw Gears was played on October 13, 1972. Nixon was running for his second term, Apollo 17 was preparing for humanity's final lunar landing mission, POWs were still wilting away in the Hanoi Hilton, a postage stamp cost 8 cents and a gallon of gas cost 35 cents. Telephone signals were gotten by wire and TV signals were transmitted through the air. Personally, I'm simply amazed that I'm still walkin' the earth, there were plenty of times when I thought I wouldn't be. Happy Anniversary Gears!

Much more at saginawgears.com.

No comments: