"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

08 June 2012

Enjoy.


Some sage advice on dogs ...

Always take one bite of a hot dog to enjoy the natural flavor before adding the toppings.

My dad used to always wrap our Ball Parks in bacon. Now, no matter what I'm grilling, I always put a package of Hebrew Nationals on to keep me from withering away to nothing, because, as Harrison says, "It's important not to get caught short." After all, "Technique is the proof of your seriousness."

Case in point ...

7. A Buttery Finish: This one’s a personal call, but Joshua Sharkey likes to finish his hot dogs with "Bark butter," which is "basically smoked lard." Explains Sharkey: We take back fat from pigs, whip it with butter and sea salt, and baste the dogs in the mixture right before they come off the griddle.

See?

Now, don't blow it, judiciously read the rest of "The Eleven Tips for Making a Perfect Dog" at The Daily Meal.

... and stop it with the grilled bun nonsense -- I got your "multi-texture" right here. It's a hot dog. Is your bun grilled at the ball game?

And for the last time ...

No comments: