"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

07 July 2011

Confidence.


Sir Ken, again, right on point ...

Someone asked me recently what single piece of advice would you give people who wanted to become more creative. I said it would be to have confidence that you can be because often people lack confidence because they can't do something and therefore assume that they're incapable of it. There's a very big difference between not having learned to do something and being incapable. There's a point where most people can't drive cars, but they don't think that they're incapable of it. I can't play the piano but I'm not incapable of it; I just haven't done it.

Read the rest here.

No comments: