"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

18 July 2011

Attentive.


If I went out looking for four leaf clovers I know that I would quickly grow frustrated and bored and likely give up, but there must be something within us that is always subconsciously seeking and finding. Serendipity, by its very nature can neither be summoned, nor forced. Instead it requires a sort of attentive wandering. There is much to distract and it’s easy to miss the signs. I wonder about luck but I think that the luck in finding the clover is not in what its possession may yield so much as it is in being able to see it as you move through the field.

Do yourself a favor, go wandering at Wanderations.

No comments: