"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

14 June 2011

Darrell Scott

I was very fortunate to see Robert Plant in concert tonight. New treatments of "What Is And What Should Never Be," Ramble On," and "Harm's Swift Way" ... he was every bit and more of the amazing artist that I'd expected he'd be. His Band of Joy was just that, with Patty Griffin and Buddy Miller fueling the evening's magical glow.

New to me was the extremely talented singer and musician within the Band of Joy, Darrell Scott. In fact, Frazier said Scott's performance of "A Satisfied Mind" was the hightlight of the show.

Here are a few examples of his craft ...

"A Crooked Road"



"The Open Door"



"A Satisfied Mind"



More here.

This was pretty good, too ...


Thanks, Pops.

No comments: