"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

02 January 2011

David Francey, "Lucky Man"

I saw you first in the smoky café light
Where I'd come in from the frozen winter night
And I saw a face that put the stars to shame
I loved you 'fore I ever knew your name
And my heart sank, lost without a trace
And it's a lucky man that gets to kiss your face

I've seen you shine in the summer, spring and fall
But it's winter when I love you best of all
And I've seen you in the spotlight hard and bright
And I've seen you in the shadows of the night
And when I see you coming I can feel my cold heart race
And it's a lucky man that gets to kiss your face

I heard you singing to that empty hall
And I heard the joy that echoed off the walls
And I realized when all is said and done
That youth is never wasted on the young
And I don't believe the silence of this place
And it's a lucky man that gets to kiss your face

No comments: