"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

06 October 2010

Whole.


The wild requires that we learn the terrain, nod to the plants and animals and birds, ford the streams and cross the ridges and tell a good story when we get home.
- Gary Snyder

The Etiquette of Freedom, a conversation between Gary Snyder and Jim Harrison, was delivered to my door today.

Ahhh ... settling in.

2 comments:

Kurt Harden said...

Damn you, man. Damn you. I need to finish Godric and The October Country and reread some Sherlock Holmes. Henry and I have The Halloween Tree to read. Why, why, why do you taunt me?

Rob Firchau said...

As the One-Eyed Indian has taught us, it's important to not get caught short. New reading material is one of the best feelings, isn't it?