"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

18 October 2010

Awake.


Singer-songwriter Andrew Peterson on George MacDonald, imagination, and not growing up ...
I mention that as an example of a time I’m glad I remembered how to be a child, and how to take the time to see. Most of the time I just snap a picture with my phone. But once in a while I manage to take a deep breath and make a choice to live life as if everything is a miracle. I remember what it was like to be a kid who loved to draw. Now, imagine learning to approach the Gospel that way. Imagine looking at your children that way. Imagine how rich every moment would be if we could keep that sleepy inner child awake.

Part One is here.

Part Two, here.

Here's Part Three.

Andrew Peterson's latest album, Counting Stars, is very, very good.

More here.

Thanks for your thoughtfulness, Abi.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

wow!! i LOVE what he's written, i've never seen all that:) thank YOU!

Steve Layman said...

Great post. Thanks for the introduction to the 'rabbitroom'.
This internet thing is an amazing
contraption. S