"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

30 September 2010

Poetry.

It's Thursday night.

The grading is done.

The charcoal is turning gray.

The woodland creatures around my open windows are learning some new songs.

Here's one ... now, where's that corkscrew?

Visions, that that keep stirring soul
Visions, that will never grow old
Sweet baby, I had some visions of you
If I can't have it all, just a taste will do

Go ahead and live all your fantasies
(Don't you ever think about the other side?)
Helps you get from where you are
To where you want to be
(You and me oughta be taking a ride)
You do the best you can
And you make your mistakes
(If you don't like it, you can say that you tried)
'Cause all I have to give is whatever it takes

Play on, El Chingadero, play on
Play on, El Chingadero

Dance, angel, dance 'til you wear out your blues
(Only thing that's gonna save you now)
Take another chance, you got nothing to lose
(The boy didn't love you anyhow)
Girl, you drive me wild when you do what you do
(Something makes me want to take you down)
If I can't have it all, just a taste will do
Just a taste of you

- Felder/Henley

No comments: