"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

26 September 2010

Intention.


Viktoria Mullova was recently interviewed on her latest collection of authentically-performed Beethoven violin sonatas ...

"We have so many recordings these days of the Beethoven sonatas I don't think it's interesting anymore to hear another one, they are all played more or less in the same way," she said, with a noticeable accent perhaps betraying that Mullova, although she defected in 1983 and lives in London, remains faithful to the "Russian soul."

"I didn't record it because I wanted to be different, but because I wanted to go to the actual composition, how it was intended to be ...

Read the rest here.

The sonatas are here.

No comments: