"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

16 August 2010

"I will never leave you."



Over the past couple of months Sunday evenings have found me, with a bowl of popcorn and a note-taking clipboard , watching Ken Burns' documentary, The West. This extensive work tells the story of our country's westward expansion .. a story of courage, perseverance, dreams, and outrage.

I finished the last episode this evening and was moved to tears by a story that had been intertwined throughout the entire documentary -- the story of John G. Love and his family. It is an inspiring story of courage, perseverance, dreams, outrage ... and love.

Part One is here.
Part Two, here.

No comments: